
Stephanie, Jeff and I went to a Stake ward BBQ on Saturday where we enjoyed free Dinner and played games. Stephanie and I slid down a huge blow up slide and got our faces painted. It was a lot of fun and we were lucky we remebered to go. About an hour before it started Jeff and I were trying to decided what we wanted to have for dinner. I was just about to cook something when Jeff said, "Diana I want to go outside and throw a football!" and I quickly replied, "YES!!! I want to get out of this apartment!!" So we all went outside and ran into a family from the ward. We started to talk as we were all walking to the park and then it hit me. I turned to Jeff and said, "Jeff look at those balloon we have a stake party tonight!" We both started to laugh at each other as we both realized what perfect timing we had. While we were waiting in line for the FREE food the family we were walking with started to ask us where we were orginally from. Stephanie quickly responded, "Anaheim, California!" and the women replied, "I am from Colorado." Both Stephanie and I said, "We have a sister-in-law from Colorado." Then of course she quickly replied, "What part?" I couldn't remember, (sorry Jennie) but Jeff did and said, "Louisville, Colorado!" She started jumping up and down and said I am from Louisville too! I told her my sister-in-law's name was Jennie Hansen/Peterson. And she said..."I KNOW HER!! She was in my home ward." I quickly asked her what her maiden name was and she said, "Kirsten Rudolf (sp)!" What a small world?! So we had a wonderful time talking with them during dinner and getting to know them a little bit better! We had a lot of fun.
Jennie said...
Wow! What a small world! I love it when things like that happen. Kirsten is great. :) I didn't know she was living in Murray these days. Her daughter is adorable.
August 10, 2009 at 11:23 AM
Grace said...
It always a small world in the church, somebody knows somebody from somewhere!! Look how Jennie's Uncle knows my long time investigator Don Walser...now that's a small world!
August 11, 2009 at 1:09 PM